Why this former body builder feels happier after gaining weight



     A 26-year-old former body builder, once controlled by intense gym routines and rigid dieting, is celebrating her newfound body-positive freedom.

       Jolene Jones
took to Facebook to share transformation photos of herself explaining why she couldn’t be happier with her newly acquired curves.

Pictured on the left, the 26-year-old can be seen in a turquoise bikini with bronzed abs and toned thighs while on the right, she sits comfortably in a black bikini while rafting with friends.

She wrote beside the image “Some people might say this is ‘letting yourself go’ but you can’t put a price tag on happiness,”

     Jones, who entered a fitness competition two years ago, says she is now able to partake in social drinks and enjoys meals she wouldn’t dare touch before.

“I went from being controlled by my grueling gym regimen and weighing chicken and having protein shakes in my purse to fully enjoying a social life,”

“A six pack didn’t make me happy. I was never enough and always needing to improve.” she wrote.

While Jones has been out of the gym for three months, she still remains dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.

“Self-love is really hard, but I am the most comfortable in my skin I’ve ever been. Since the start of my break from the gym, I have not gained or lost a pound and I think it’s because this is my body’s happy place,’ she told Metro U.K.

Comments